Welcome! We’re so glad that you’re here and excited for you to experience everything that Eleuthera has to offer, which is a lot. Please take a moment to review the helpful information provided.
Check-in: After 2:00 PM
Check-out: By 12:00 PM
• Guest parking is directly in front of the cottage - you'll see the space as soon as you pull into the driveway.
• Your keys will be presented upon arrival to access and lock the front, back and patio doors in the bedroom.
• If you haven’t already, you will meet our dogs Bruce and Barbara Ann. They are very friendly and have a cute pack of friends who roam around and regularly come over to play - please don't be alarmed when they say hi :)
• Just so you know, there is an active camera monitoring the driveway, which is not directed at the cottage.
• We observe quiet hours from 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM out of respect for our residential neighborhood.
• To minimize light pollution for the bugs and star gazing, please turn off outdoor lights by 9:00 PM.
• When in use, please keep A/C's around 20-24º C to prevent units from freezing and please turn them off before leaving. We highly recommend pressing SLEEP mode on the A/C remote before you go to bed.
• Please turn off all lights and ceiling fans if they are not being used and whenever you leave the property.
• The large green rain cisterns outside collect water, so please be conscious of shower length / water usage.
• Please be patient with our eco-friendly system, as there is a ninety second delay with the hot water heater.
• Help yourself to the filtered drinking water inside the refrigerator on the left by dispensing the gray button.
• The kitchen is completely equipped - a microwave is located underneath the cabinet to the left of the oven.
• Flour, coffee and sugar are provided in the white canisters on the counter and there are spices in the drawer.
• Please hand wash the Al-Clad cookware & chef knives - everything else may be cleaned in the dishwasher.
• There is a gas grill off the back patio - the grilling tools are located in the utensil drawer in the kitchen.
• Unfortunately, there is no recycling program on the island but we do compost if you set aside your scraps.
• Please tie off your trash bag when it's full then place it in either one of the garbage cans in the driveway.
• There are local guidebooks, maps and an assortment of games inside of the wicker cabinet under the TV.
• Sip & sample from a selection of rum on the "Honor Bar" cart under the stairs - please enjoy responsibly.
• The large communal deck between both houses is open for yoga, sunbathing and nighttime stargazing.
• You may take the white folding beach chairs in the closet down to the beach or with you for an excursion.
• Please make sure all of the doors & windows are locked and always secure your valuables when leaving.
• We love to see your posts on social media! Please follow & tag us when you share - @cocomocollective.
Have a question or need something? Contact via WhatsApp: +1 (242) 801-9234
Upgrade Your Stay
Interested in taking your vacation to the next level? We offer a variety of in-house services and off-campus experiences to add-on during your trip. Advance notice is always appreciated to ensure availability for scheduling.
Eleuthera, Harbour Island and Spanish Wells are all family islands with small businesses. We encourage guests to support the local economy and rent a vehicle to explore as much as possible for the full spectrum.
Renting a car typically costs $70 - $120 per day depending on vehicle availability and pick up arrangements, plus a delivery fee.
Contact vendors via WhatsApp to request an SUV rental for Eleuthera Island Shores.
From North Eleuthera Airport
Robert Thompson +1 (242) 470-0311 or
email Tiffany: email@example.com
*They include a grocery & liquor store run during transportation from the airport to your rental car
Wallace Sands +1 (242) 359-7294
Ted Durham / Morgan +1 (242) 470-0376
From Governor's Harbour Airport
Chris Darling +1 (242) 553-6638
Big Daddy Rentals +1 (242) 525-3838
Turnquest Rentals +1 (242) 332-2467
Golf Cart Rentals on Harbour Island
Conch & Coconut +1 (242) 805-2626
Dunmore Rentals +1 (242) 557-7897
Michael's Cycles +1 (242) 464-0994
Dial 919 or 911 for emergencies in the Bahamas or call:
Palmetto Point Wellness Center +1 (242) 332-0224 / 0225
Family Medicine Center Rock Sound +1 (242) 334-2500
Briland Premier Medical Centre +1 (242) 699-5451
Harbour Island +1 (242) 333-2227
Gregory Town +1 (242) 335-5108
Hatchet Bay +1 (242) 335-0091
Governor's Harbour +1 (242) 332-2774
Palmetto Point +1 (242) 332-1520
Tarpum Bay +1 (242) 334-4102
Rock Sound +1 (242) 334-2226
Harbor Island +1 (242) 333-2111
Lower Bogue +1 (242) 335-1208
Gregory Town +1 (242) 335-5322
Hatchet Bay +1 (242) 335-0086
Governor’s Harbour +1 (242) 332-2117
Tarpum Bay +1 (242) 334-4033
Rock Sound + (242) 334-2244
The Other Side | Private - Lunch Reservation Only
The Cove | Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner - Reservation Only
Daddy Joe’s | Lunch & Dinner - Closed Wednesday
Da Corner Cafe | Breakfast & Lunch - Closed Sunday
Unca Gene's | Lunch & Dinner - Closed Sunday
Pittman’s Cove | Conch Salad - Weekends Only
Champion’s | Sports Bar & Grill - Lunch & Dinner
The Front Porch | Seafood House - Reservation Only
Twin Brothers | Bahamian Cuisine - Lunch & Dinner
The Rainbow Inn | Italian Food - Dinner Only
Cravings Bake Shop | Breakfast & Lunch - Seasonal
Lee's Cafe | Lunch, Sat Breakfast - Closed Sunday
Da Conch Hut | Thursday - Sunday Evenings
Mel's Snack Shack | Lunch - Closed Saturday
LeoRose Sunset Beach Bar | Closed Sun & Monday
DeLish Lifestyle Beach Bar | Closed Tuesday
The Deck | Burgers & Rum Punch - Lunch Only
Look for TAKEAWAY windows and BBQ huts in each settlement to have the most authentic Bahamian cooking.
Bacchus Fine Foods in Governor's Harbour has a selection of gourmet specialty items and wines - closed on Weekends.
Surfer's Beach - a ten minute walk from the cottage
Gaulding Cay Beach - by Glass Window Bridge
Queen’s Bath - be sure to check the tides prior
Sapphire Blue Hole - close to Preacher’s Cave
Explore Hatchet Bay Cave - near The Cliff’s
Leon Levy Preserve - by French Leave Beach
Ocean Hole & Cathedral Caves - Rock Sound
Hop over to Harbour Island or Spanish Wells
North Eleuthera Shopping Center - The Bluff
JC Discount | Reasonable Prices - Gregory Town
7 Eleven | Convenience Store & Gas - Gregory Town
Monica’s Dis & Dat | Market & Takeway - Gregory Town
Seymours Variety | Closest to Cocomo - Gregory Town
Triple TLC General | Convenience Store - Hatchet Bay
Hearty Mow | Seasonal Farm Stand - Hatchet Bay
Big Rock General Store | Open Seven Days - Rainbow Bay
East and Final | Liquor Store Next Door - James Cistern
Burrows Grocery Store | Governor’s Harbour
Eleuthera Island Farm in Palmetto Point is a must for local produce, meats and cheeses, plus a liquor store. They serve freshly baked bread on Monday & Thursdays - closed Sunday.
When weather permits, you can find fresh catch to buy from the local fishermen at the docks - check around 2:00 pm.
Liquor Stores - All Closed on Sunday
Jimmy’s | Mr. Bone’s | Big La’s | Bristol - for wine | 700 Spirits
FYI - Bahamian and U.S. dollars have an even exchange rate and are used interchangeably.
Cash is king! Bring plenty for spending money as there are only a few ATM's, which have costly international transaction fees.
Don't want to leave with extra Bahamian dollars? We will gladly Venmo for cash!
Take a Virtual Tour Around Eleuthera & Harbour Island
Labeled from north to south - navigate to different points of interest, restaurant recommendations, beach locations, grocery & liquor stores and more through our interactive Google map.
Walking Directions to Surfer's Beach
1. Turn right out of the driveway then right down the less overgrown side of street - heading east.
2. Once you get to the road below us, you’ll see Surfer's Haven on the left and a two-story house on the right with a shady trail in between them.
Take that path straight down (about five minutes) until you notice an intersection with buoys and flags hanging on the left side of the road.
3. Turn right there and continue walking south through the sea grape paths toward a small parking area, that’s where you'll turn left up the sandy hill.
4. Follow the sound of the ocean until you reach it.